There are many things I've come to realize during the first half of this year, and I understand them much better because I've experienced them firsthand during my Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).
I remember there were many things that seemed very difficult, or almost impossible, when I was younger. Even from last year until now, my mindset has changed significantly. Not because those things have suddenly become easy, but because I'm currently in an environment where I see people strive for difficult things and eventually achieve them. They desire something, and they intentionally work towards it.
I've heard some ladies say they wouldn't marry someone who lives in the same environment they grew up in because they don't want to raise their children there. While there are exceptions, I now understand the principle behind that mindset. Your environment influences your thinking, your expectations, and even what you believe is possible.
I'm grateful to my parents for encouraging me to attend conferences from an early stage of my life. The goal was to expose me to positive environments where I could learn and see that ordinary people, just like you and me, accomplish extraordinary things.
I'm not where I want to be yet, but I now have a clearer picture of the person I want to become. One of the biggest factors that has shaped that vision is being in the right environment.
The right environment may not change your destination overnight, but it can completely change what you believe is possible.
So Apt!!
ReplyDeleteW e all grow, learn, unlearn and relearn!!
Weldone Imo-Oluwa!!!
ReplyDelete